Thursday 3 May 2018

Danone Light And Free Pomaberry Yogurt review

I have tried other varieties of these light and free Greek style yogurts from Danone before and generally I have been really impressed. I have always found these to be thick, creamy and flavourful. As a matter of fact, I usually find it very hard to believe that these are a fat free yogurt. The blueberry variety are probably my favourite and so when I saw this new addition to the range made from pomegranate, blackberries and raspberries I was pretty sure that I would enjoy them. These contain 0% fat as well as having no added sugar and are suitable for vegetarians. They come in a pack of four and this variety is an Orla Kiely edition. Not only do the pots come with a pretty design on but they also provide the opportunity to win a £5000 shopping experience simply by entering the codes on the tops of the lids online.


I was excited to try these and I have to be honest I was a little disappointed. They weren't unpleasant however they are probably my least favourite from the light and free range. They had a mild berry flavour however I think there is a reason that pomegranate, despite being the main reason that I wanted to try these, is not a common yogurt flavour. There was a tartness that I didn't really like and I think that pomegranate is just not a sweet enough fruit to be a dominant yogurt flavour.
All in all these were a decent enough yogurt and I did finish them all but I wont be buying them again. The pots are very pretty and they have a fair mixed berry flavour but there was a lack of dominant sweet berry flavour that you get with other fruits such as a strawberry or cherry that ended up making these a little bland. I am still a fan of the range and even these had the usual thickness and small pieces of fruit that I always enjoy but in my opinion this flavour is a bit of a let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment