Tuesday 24 April 2018

Marks & Spencer's Wood Fired Pizza - Abergavenny Goats Cheese & Balsamic Onion review

I have tried a few of these ultra thin wood fired pizzas from M&S before and have always really enjoyed them. They are perfectly sized for one and they are generally slightly more unusual flavours. Being a massive goats cheese lover, I had to try this new addition to the range made from welsh goats cheese with balsamic onions and a sticky fig chutney.


This pizza only requires 15-20 minutes in the oven and came out looking as followed. This pizza does not have a standard tomato base like most pizza's do so the dominant flavour was definitely the creamy goats cheese. Although it did lack the sharpness of a standard pizza because of the cheesy base it was still delicious. There was a generous amount of cheesy topping and also plenty of flavoursome balsamic onions that added a strong and rich burst of sweet mouthful every time I ate one.


This is a great addition to the wood fired pizza range and the slow rising sourdough was thin and crispy as promised. Not being a big fan of figs I was worried that the fig chutney would out me off this pizza but in all honesty I didn't even notice it, I think it just added a sweetness to the large chunks of balsamic onion. The size f this pizza means that it isn't a ridiculous portion and so is pretty guilt free and due to the richness of the flavours I didn't feel like I wanted more at all when I had finished. M&S have impressed me yet again and any goats cheese lovers like myself are bound to find themselves returning to the shop to buy this again after trying out.

No comments:

Post a Comment