Friday 11 May 2018

ASK Italian Pea & Prosciutto Risotto Special review

Risotto is one of my favourite meals and I order it regularly when I go out for an Italian. The only downside is there are usually the same varieties wherever you go i.e mushroom, chicken or seafood, meaning that they can often get a bit same-y. However, on my recent visit to ASK I was delighted to see this pea and prosciutto risotto appear on the menu as one of their spring specials. I knew instantly that I had to order this dish described as a vibrant pea and asparagus risotto, topped with crispy smoked prosciutto and baby watercress. This can be ordered without the prosciutto making it an option for vegetarians too.


Wow, they weren't joking when they said "vibrant". The risotto came and was a bright green colour with the deep pink prosciutto standing out on top. The portion was a decent size and I was eager to tuck in. I took my first bite excitedly and .... it was decent. In al honesty I was a little disappointed. I think that it could have used a little more seasoning because all in all the risotto itself was a little land. There were only a few pieces of prosciutto which was as described crispy and it had a lovely smoky flavour but there just wasn't enough of it to add a lot of flavour to the meal. The risotto was the perfect texture and the watercress on top was a lovely touch but in all honesty I doubt that I will e ordering this again. I love that ASK have ventured out and added some new risotto options to their menu but this one still needs a bit of work. A little more seasoning could have completely changed this dish and made it amazing and like I said it was decent enough, I just think that there are much better options on the menu than this new spring special.

No comments:

Post a Comment