Thursday 19 April 2018

TGI Friday's UK Californian Chicken Club review

TGI Friday's has always been one of my favourite places to go for a big pig out meal and so I always look forward to going there. On my recent visit, this Californian Chicken Club caught my eye. This hot sandwich is served in a brioche bun and consists of a chargrilled chicken breast, cheese, bacon, spicy guacamole and comes with an avocado dipping sauce. Being an avocado lover I knew I had to try this out and I chose to upgrade to sweet potato fries for my side.


The meal came and I have to be honest, it was a lot smaller than TGI Friday's portions generally are in my experience. Gluttony aside, at the end of the day its all about the taste and this left me feeling rather.... flat. It was fine just pretty boring. There was hardly any guacamole on the burger or in the dipping pot and it also didn't have a lot of flavour despite the promise of spice in the description. The chicken breast was well cooked and a decent size but the flavours of the cheese and guacamole blended together so much I couldn't really taste either of them. The brioche bun was soft and light and the bacon was smoky and crispy but all in all I far from loved this meal. In my opinion there are much better options available on TGI Friday's menu and I for one certainly wont be ordering this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment