Sunday 11 March 2018

Muller Rice Limited Edition Cherry Bakewell Flavour review

I love a cherry bakewell as an afternoon pick me up and seeing as Muller Rice are possibly my favourite everyday dessert, my eyes lit up when I saw this new limited edition flavour on my supermarket shelf. This low fat dessert is made up of Muller's standard creamy rice pudding with the addition of a cherry bakewell sauce. I was interested to see if this would have a "bakewell" element or if it would just taste like a standard cherry sauce and having made the decision to eat this cold I dug in almost immediately.


On lifting the lid I was surprised and excited at just how much this did smell like a cherry bakewell. There was a mild almond-y scent and when I gave it a stir the cherry sauce was all gathered at the bottom. I took a bite and although the flavour of a cherry bakewell wasn't as strong as the smell, it was still there. The rice itself was exactly what you would expect from the Muller range meaning it was thick and delicious and the cherry bakewell added a lovely sweetness.


Overall Muller have certainly achieved what they set out to do with this flavour. It replicates the cherry bakewell flavour well I just wish the flavour was a little stronger. It is one of the sweeter varieties from the range and although this isn't my favourite limited edition flavour, I really did enjoy it and would happily finish it off again!

No comments:

Post a Comment