Friday 30 March 2018

Caffe Nero Salted Caramel Cheesecake review

Since its now officially Easter weekend I decided to treat myself on my recent visit to Caffe Nero to this salted caramel cheesecake. I believe it is a new addition to the menu because I don't think that I have seen it in store before. The website describes this as a creamy caramel and white chocolate cheesecake topped with a salted caramel sauce. It looked too tempting to resist with the pretty swirled pattern on top and so I sat down to eat it hoping that it would taste as good as it looked!


It was sweet and creamy but in all honesty it didn't taste particularly of salted caramel and I wouldn't have known that there was any white chocolate flavour in it had I not read the description. It had a sweet caramel flavour but in my opinion it could have done with a little more salt. The base was the ideal proportion to the cream cheese filling and had a good crumbly texture but was still firm enough to put a fork through meaning it wasn't too messy to eat. The cheesecake itself was soft but had that jelly like wobble that you would expect from a typical coffee chain dessert. Overall this made for a tasty little pick me up when I was in need to something sweet but I cant say that it was anything spectacular and I wouldn't rush out to have it again. I polished it off quite happily and did enjoy it however it was a fairly forgettable dessert but one that any caramel lovers will probably enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment