Sunday 1 April 2018

Lounges Granola Breakfast Bowl review

Amongst all the chocolate this Easter, I found myself wanting something a little lighter whilst out for breakfast. The Lounges chain was founded by three friends in 2002 and since then they have opened numerous restaurants all with a very quirky yet cosy interior design. On this visit I opted for the Granola Breakfast Bowl which consists of granola, Greek yogurt and berry compote and is topped with a sprig of mint. It costs £4.25 for the dish, which alongside the rest of the brunch menu is actually served all day!


My breakfast came and there was a fair amount of granola with just the right proportion of yogurt and berry compote to stop the texture from being too dry. It was very well presented and although there are certainly more excited options available on the menu, this was exactly what I needed. It was a light yet satisfying meal that arrived quickly and I would recommend this if your looking for something a bit different to a typical cooked breakfast. My only criticism would be that I would have preferred this breakfast bowl if it had a little extra something sweet such as a drizzle of honey to go alongside the nutty granola and slightly sharp Greek yogurt. The berry compote had decent sized chunks of fruit throughout that added a juiciness as well as the tart berry flavour. The Lounges chain is one that I would definitely recommend trying for brunch if you're at a loose end one morning due to the large variety of options available and the warm feeling interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment