Friday 19 January 2018

Walkers Sensations Poppadpms Mango & Red Chilli Chutney review

Walkers Sensations are one of the slightly more sophisticated brands of crisps available and a firm favourite of the majority of people that I know. Being a slight exception, I personally am not massively keen on them but being a poppadom lover, I decided that these mango and red chilli chutney mini poppadoms were at least worth a try. Promising a sweet spicy aroma, a fruity mango flavour and a warmth from the chilli I was eager to taste these. I opted for the multipack variety with 6 bags inside. These poppadom are made from potato, chickpea & rice flour, are suitable for vegetarians, contain no artificial colours and are MSG free so you don't have to worry too much about any naughty hidden ingredients.


I opened the pack and there weren't a lot of mini poppadoms in the 16g bag but then again for only around 70 calories I didn't expect a lot more. Having said that, there were enough in the mini bag to satisfy a savoury craving of one.... as long as your not particularly hungry. I could smell a slightly spicy flavour as promised and so took y first bite. These were light and crispy in texture with that familiar poppadom snap. The flavour had a subtle heat that certainly wont blow your head off but it had just the right amount of heat. The mango flavour isn't strong and instantly noticeable but is lingering there in the background providing a slight sweetness that works really well against the mils chilli.


These are actually quite a nice little snack to have in the cupboard on a cold and dark evening. Although not particularly filling, poppadom's generally aren't a snack that you would turn too when feeling hungry so these certainly do a good job at providing a light savoury snack. Although I am not a sensations fan, I would recommend these and happily pick them up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment