Saturday 13 January 2018

ASK Italian Sausage Cannelloni review

ASK Italian is infamous for its lasagne amongst my friends and family, however I do like to try something new and so I was more than happy to try out this new sausage cannelloni on my recent visit. Filled with sausage ragu, baked with tomato and basil sauce and topped with crème fraiche, this al forno pasta costs £11.95 and is served with a side salad. I don't think that I have ever heard of let alone tasted a sausage cannelloni before and so was interested to see what a sausage ragu would be like. 


This dish came and looked pretty impressive. The tomato and basil sauce was thick and sweet with a slight tang from the basil. The pasta had crisped up perfectly in the oven on the outer layer but remained soft and chewy on the inside. The sausage ragu had a distinctive herby yet meaty flavour that was really tasty, especially when paired with both the tangy sauce and creamy crème fresh. At first I didn't know what to make of the texture of the sausage in a soft ragu form but the more of it I ate the more I enjoyed it. This dish had a rich meaty flavour yet wasn't too heavy to eat due to the light and crispy pasta. I really enjoyed this new addition to the ASK Italian menu and is well worth trying if you are a pasta lover and fancying a change from your standard Italian al forno. 

No comments:

Post a Comment