Wednesday 24 January 2018

The Collective Limited Edition Pear 'n' Maple Yogurt review

I have only ever tried one yogurt from The Collective dairy range and although it wasn't unpleasant, the lack of sweetness meant that I haven't been tempted to pick up any other varieties since. Despite this, the unusual flavours of pear and maple in a yogurt resulted in me caving and buying this 150g individual pot. This gourmet yogurt combines The Collective's signature creamy yogurt with a William pear and maple syrup conserve and also contains a pinch of sea salt.


I lifted the lid and the two sections were easily distinguishable. There is a spoon included with the pot and so I tasted each section separately. Maybe its because I knew what to expect this time but I did enjoy the standard yogurt more than I remembered. It was very thick and creamy with a slight vanilla flavour and subtle tang. The conserve was delicious with a sweetness that wasn't overpowering it worked perfectly against that sharpness of the standard yogurt. I cant say that I particularly noticed any maple or salty flavours but the pear definitely had an enhanced sweet flavour. There were small chunks pf fruit throughout the conserve that were also a great addition to the texture.


Trying this limited edition flavour has certainly changed my view of The Collective Dairy company and I am now much more inclined to pick up their products in future! As an added bonus, 5p from every tub goes to  The community Heartbeat Trust who are working to provide defibrillators to local communities. This Yogurt was not only delicious but is also made from natural ingredients, is suitable for vegetarians and is gluten free. This limited edition product is one that is well worth picking up whilst it is around in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment