Monday 29 January 2018

Costa UK Coconut Vanilla Latte review

With dairy free alternatives becoming increasingly popular in coffee shops, Costa have introduced coconut milk to their menu. For my first taste of coconut milk coffees, I opted for this coconut vanilla latte which is served topped with coconut chips and vanilla seeds. This drink comes standard in a small latte glass and is only 111 calories per drink and so is also great for anyone watching their calorie count.


I have heard that coconut milk is very watery and so was slightly concerned that this drink would lack the creamy flavour and texture of a standard latte. On my first sip, although I did notice that it had a slightly more watery taste than a standard dairy milk latte, it was still really tasty and I really wasn't bothered by it. The coconut flavour was certainly there but was also quite subtle and the vanilla added a nice sweetness. The coconut chips on top were a great little touch and I will definitely be ordering more of these now that all of the festive coffees have left stores. I highly recommend this drink to any coconut lovers and it is great to see more dairy free alternatives available for those with intolerances.

No comments:

Post a Comment