Friday 1 December 2017

Revolution de Cuba Baked Fish review.

Having recently moved house, there have been a serious lack of posts recently but now that things are settling down, I decided to start back up with this new dish from Revolution de Cuba. I cant say that this Latin American bar is somewhere that I would typically go for food, however after a few cocktails I was pretty easily persuaded. I opted for this baked hake served with spinach, paella rice and asparagus topped with pico de gallo and lemon wrapped up in a banana leaf.


I will start by saying that I am not into this recent trend of serving food in banana leafs as it just gets in the way and I end up making a mess when trying to get at my food! Putting this aside, I tucked into the dish and was very pleasantly surprised. The hake was cooked perfectly meaning that is was soft, flaky and fell apart in my mouth. It also had a lovely flavour which was really enhanced by the lemon. The paella rice was also cooked well and was very flavoursome without being too heavily spiced and therefore overwhelming the fish. The tangy and sharp flavour of the pico de gallo also added to the spice level and so I was glad that the hake and paella rice had not been too heavily seasoned.The portion size was also just right and so filling without being so large that you cant manage a few cheeky drinks afterwards. The spinach and asparagus were a nice addition to the dish and I am happy to say that I really enjoyed this meal and would definitely consider eating here again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment