Monday 18 December 2017

Iceland Stonebaked Ultra Thin BBQ Pulled Pork & Pineapple Pizza review

It is very rare that I buy a bake at home pizza and this is purely because as a general rule they are no where near as good as a proper take-away pizza. Having said that this ultra thin pizza from Iceland caught my eye due to the combination of pulled pork, BBQ sauce and pineapple which is a pretty interesting combination. Seeing as I love all elements of this pizza I thought that I would give it a go and I also enjoy a very thin pizza so this was an added bonus. At only £1.59 and taking only 12-16 minutes to cook, this is also a pretty cheap and easy dinner choice.


I cooked the pizza for the recommended time and this was the result. The pizza wasn't the largest in size but I would say that it is perfect for just one. The pizza was indeed ultra thin and it was very crispy in parts and even though I turned it throughout cooking, some parts seemed almost burnt in places whereas other parts were only just cooked. There was a tang from the BBQ sauce but all in all the BBQ flavour was very mild. There was plenty of pineapple and I was impressed with the amount of tender chunks of pulled pork however I personally would have liked a little more cheese on top.


This was a decent enough meal, especially considering the price and I was more than happy to finish it off. Having said that however, this is far from the best pizza that I have ever and I wont be rushing out to get it again, in fact I think I will stick with a takeaway and splurge out a little more next time that pizza craving hits!

No comments:

Post a Comment