Tuesday 8 August 2017

Zizzi Ravioli Di Capra review

Zizzi's is one of my favourite Italian chains to visit and I have had quite a lot of options on their menu, however I like to always try something new and so on my most recent visit I ordered the Ravioli Di Capra. Being a little obsessed with both goats cheese and pesto I don't know what has taken me so log to try this dish consisting of spinach and goats cheese ravioli in a tomato sauce and topped with green pesto and pine nuts.


The dish came fairly promptly and there were also a few green and red cherry tomatoes amongst the pasta. I wouldn't normally choose to eat tomatoes but they were well cooked and covered in the pasta sauce and pesto and I actually didn't mind them. The pasta was cooked perfectly, soft yet not soggy and an interesting green colour due to the spinach. The goats cheese made for a creamy filling which worked perfectly against the strong pesto flavour. I was pleased at the amount of pesto that was drizzled on top of the pasta but this sis mean that it was the most dominant flavour of the meal. There were only a few pine nuts but it still added a nice bite to the texture. The overall flavour of this dish was delicious but definitely one for any pesto lovers out there. Although not massively filling I really enjoyed it and its something that I would certainly consider ordering again.

No comments:

Post a Comment