Thursday 17 August 2017

Rude Health Almond Butter With Sea Salt Porridge Pot review

I have heard of the Rude Health brand before but don't think that I have ever bought any of their products. I looked into the brand and it turns out that this is a London based company who focus on clean eating so avoid using any artificial flavourings, preservatives, colourings or additives in their products. This is pretty impressive and with porridge pots being my staple breakfast when I'm working, the sound of the addition of almond butter and sea salt sounded amazing!


As with most porridge pots this required the addition of boiling water and a good stir. I waited a couple of minutes and took a bite. The texture was good and thick with large chewy oats. The flavour was very nutty and I could definitely taste the almond flavour, although if I'm honest I was slightly disappointed that it didn't really resemble almond "butter". The sea salt element was very subtle and mild but it did add a slight tang that I quite enjoyed. This is worth trying if you are after a nutty flavoured porridge with the added bonus of a lack of artificial flavourings. My only warning is that this is more of an almond and sea salt porridge in my opinion as I couldn't detect any almond butter flavour at all. All in all this is a fairly decent pot of porridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment