Tuesday 22 August 2017

Urban Fruit Straight Up Coconut Chips review

Having recently developed a coconut obsession, I knew as soon as I saw these coconut chips in my local supermarket that I had to try them. These chips have been sprinkled in sea salt but are triple toasted rather than fried, are high in fibre with no refined sugars. These are also suitable for both vegans and those who require a gluten free diet and so seem to tick all of the boxes! Urban Fruit are a London based company and this is the first time that I have tried any of their product so I didn't know what to expect.


I opened the bag and the smell of coconut hit me making me think the flavour was going to be too intense. There were plenty of crispy coconut pieces inside of different sizes in a pale yellow like colour and I was impressed with the texture. They were crispy but seemed to be slightly softer than a generic crisp. Now, down to the flavour! I took my first bite and to be honest I didn't know what to think. They definitely tasted of coconut but also like salt! I took another mouthful and came to the decision that I love them! These are a really weird combination of sweet yet salty with an underlying coconut flavour and I found them incredibly moreish.


I think that these are a love them or hate them product and they are certainly unique but I personally haven't stopped craving them since I tried them! They are surprisingly sweet for a salty snack which I can imagine a lot of people would find too weird but any coconut lovers should at least give these a try. I cant stress how much these are a strangely delicious product but I for one am now a huge Urban fruits fan and will be seeking out more of their products in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment