Thursday 3 August 2017

Marks & Spencer's Valencian Orange & Almond Cupcakes review

After not posting for a little while due to a chaotic couple of weeks I will try my best to make up for it starting with these cupcakes from M&S's spirit of summer range. These "moist orange zest and almond cupcakes come as a pack of 2 and are topped with orange frosting and candied orange peel. Although I am not a massive lover of orange I regularly buy M&S's mandarin and orange pancakes which I think are sweet yet zesty and delicious. I also love almond and so the addition of this flavour in the product name made these too tempting to resist.



These cupcakes looked very pretty and were decorated in a floral like pattern. I took y first bite and the sponge itself was indeed very moist. It had a slightly dense texture which I think works really well for cupcakes and so these were quite filling. The flavour itself did leave me slightly disappointed however. The sponge had a sweet orange flavour but if I'm honest that's all I could really taste... no almond. The frosting was thick and creamy and had a tangy orange flavour and I liked the addiction of the candied orange and the texture worked well against the heavy textured sponge.


These cupcakes weren't bad by any means but I would only recommend these to someone who really is a lover of orange. I think that I was just really disappointed by the promise of the almond flavour which just wasn't noticeable at all. If these had just been labelled as orange cupcakes then I may have been more impressed (although to be honest I probably wouldn't have bought them). These tasted of a high quality as most M&S products do, however these aren't to my personal taste and so I doubt that I will be buying these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment