Tuesday 11 July 2017

Starbucks UK Limited Edition White Mocha Cold Brew review

This iced coffee beverage is a limited edition iced drink which was the EMEA Barista Champion 2016. I have not yet tried any of the summer range iced brews as I am not the type pf person that would order a black coffee and so the thought of iced espresso brew sounded too strong for me. Having said that, the promise of the cold brew alongside white mocha with cinnamon topped skimmed milk foam was too tempting to at least try.


The drink looed pretty appealing with each layer clearly visible. There was a thick layer of white mocha syrup on the bottom beneath the espresso brew and then a thick foamy layer and a generous amount of cinnamon. I took a sip and was surprised at how impressed I was. I recommend giving it a good stir otherwise the thick layer of syrup at the bottom is just too sweet (and that is not something that I often say). After I had stirred it the sweetness spread to the brew which although was quite rich was no where near as bitter as I had worried and the addition of the cinnamon flavour was a welcome treat. The foam was light and frothy and also worked really well against the intense coffee flavour. This is a really great drink for any serious coffee fans with a sweet tooth and personally I am disappointed that it is only a limited edition drink. This is only on the menu until the 12/07/17 and so I would seriously recommend trying to get hold of one while you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment