Sunday 2 July 2017

Mr Kipling Summer Trifle Slices review

Mr Kipling is one of the only long standing men in my life and his products are a classic staple of the typical British family home. The Mr Kipling range often release seasonal products depending on the time of year and this summer is no different. Being a lover of the angel slices I decided to give these trifle slices a chance since they are currently on offer in practically every supermarket. Described as a strawberry sponge with raspberry mallow filling topped with custard flavoured icing these sounded pretty unique and I was eager to tuck in.


These come individually wrapped and so are perfect for lunchboxes, as an on the go treat or just to make sure that they maintain their freshness. They looked really cute with the pale pink and pastel yellow colours and the texture was soft, light and spongey. If I'm honest however, these left me feeling a little flat. The strawberry sponge was nice but very sweet so be warned but I cant really say that the raspberry mallow filling was particularly noticeable. The custard flavoured icing was slightly smooth and chewy but again it didn't really add a lot to the flavour.


Don't get me wrong these are a perfectly fine little novelty treat but I cant say that I have any intention of buying them again. They are incredibly sweet so be warned and I imagine that kids would love them so they're great for lunchboxes. I think I was just left disappointed because I didn't really feel that these resembled trifle in any way. These have a very sweet overall strawberry flavour and I did end up finishing them off but more out of convenience and I personally feel that there are much better options out there from the Mr Kipling range.

No comments:

Post a Comment