Thursday 22 June 2017

Quaker Overnight Oats Blueberry & Cranberry Pot review

Porridge pots are a popular breakfast choice in the UK as they as filling and convenient. Unfortunately, the hot weather that we have had recently just isn't suited to a meal as hot and stodgy as porridge. Quaker however have come up with a solution to this by introducing their new overnight oat pots. I do often make my own overnight oats and cant say that it is particularly difficult or time consuming, however if I'm particularly tired I often forget to do it. These pots require 25ml milk and need to be left for 2-12 hours and so are pretty convenient if like me you often forget as these only need 2 hours and they are ready to eat.


I left my oats for about 6 hours and this was the result. They had quite a thick texture and when I stirred I could see that there were quite a few small berries throughout. The oats were large,  perfectly chewy and the flavour of the oats was a lot sweeter than I expected. I am not normally a fan of overly sweet porridge so I was surprised that I didn't mind this and I actually found them really tasty.


Although I can understand how a lot of people could be put off by the sweetness of these overnight oats, I was actually pretty impressed and did enjoy them. They still need to be prepared in advance and so aren't really a lot more convenient than making your own (which is actually probably a lot cheaper too), however it does save some time and they did have a lovely flavour. I would buy these again in future for an easy summer breakfast but if you don't have a sweet tooth then these probably aren't for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment