Sunday 18 June 2017

Marks & Spencer's Honey & Ricotta Cheesecakes review

I am continuing to work through the new M&S spirit of summer range and next on my list were these 2 honey and ricotta cheesecakes. These looked pretty luxurious and were a little more pricey than your typical supermarket cheesecake but since M&S products usually are of an exceptionally high quality, I was prepared to fork out. These ricotta cheesecakes have an oatmeal base, are topped with pecans, almonds, pistachios and a honey drizzle.


I took these out of the box and they were ridiculously sticky, I literally could barely get them out of the box. It seemed as though the honey had sort of leaked through the base and these were stuck on the cardboard but at the end of the day, these are about the taste. There was a large cluster of sticky nuts on the top but the oatmeal base was disappointingly thin, almost non existent in places. They were relatively small in size but big enough to fill that sweet craving I often get after meals.


I took a bite and these were really tasty. The honey was noticeable yet not overwhelming and worked really well with the creamy cheesecake filling which had flecks of vanilla right through. The nuts on top were delicious and sticky and I enjoyed the added crunch of the texture. The oatmeal base was also lovely with a sweet and cinnamon-y flavour but it was just a shame that it was so thin. These cheesecakes were really enjoyable but I don't know if I would buy them again purely because I think they were quite overpriced. The oatmeal base was so thin that I was really surprised because I expect a lot more from a brand as highly respected as M&S. A good product that might impress guests but personally I feel that there are better and cheaper options on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment