Saturday 10 June 2017

Coldpress Banana, Raw Cacao, Almond drink review

I'm not normally a smoothie drinker but this almond milk, banana and raw cacao drink caught my eye and I decided to give it a try. At £3 per 500ml bottle this is quite a pricey but then so are most smoothies and free from drinks. When I looked into the Coldpress brand I learnt that all products from this brand are cold pressed  (hence the name) without any heat to include more vitamins, minerals and flavour than your typical plant based drink or fruit juice. This drink is dairy free, has no added sugar, is suitable for vegetarians and is a source of vitamins C &E. This basically sounded like a miracle drink to be enjoyed by all  but I was more concerned with the taste!


I took my first sip and immediately noticed how thick the texture was. The next thing that hit me was a slight bitterness and although I was aware that this contained no added sugar, I did expect the natural fruit juices to have a slightly sweeter flavour. I re-read the ingredients which listed apple juice, lemon juice as well as cinnamon and I did notice all of these in the flavour. I continued to drink and the texture maintained its thickness making this incredibly filling. I did finish it but in all honesty this is probably only because I didn't want to waste £3. It wasn't unenjoyable and did leave me feeling incredibly full but I cant say that I found it to be particularly tasty and I was surprised at just how bitter the flavour was. I probably wont be buying this again in all honesty but for any fitness fanatics out there, especially those with any intolerances this may be more up your street than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment