Tuesday 13 June 2017

Bella Italia Marco Polo Pasta review

Bella Italia is one of my favourite Italian restaurant chains and this Marco Polo pasta is one of my go-to dishes. This meal is made up of  casarecci pasta tubes in a plum sauce, with duck, mushrooms and spring onion which I requested this dish without. It is quite unusual to find duck with a pasta dish and I think that this is one of the only restaurants that I know of where they serve a plum sauce with pasta.


My meal came and I was impressed with the portion size. There were plenty of casarecci pasta tubes which are quite thin and have a rolled texture which again are not particularly common. The pasta was coated in a thick layer of sweet and sticky plum sauce alongside plenty of large and tender chunks of shredded duck. I have had this pasta on a number of occasions and every time it has been absolutely delicious. The suck is always soft and is delicious when paired with the flavoursome plum sauce and juicy mushrooms. The pasta was cooked perfectly cooked, soft yet it still maintained a decent bite. This dish has quite a rich flavour but I can't recommend it enough! I absolutely love this dish from Bella and am surprised that more restaurants haven't tried to replicate it. I have to admit that as someone who is not generally a massive fan of duck this amazing pasta wins me over every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment