Wednesday 3 May 2017

Starbucks Chilled Skinny Latte UK review

I love an iced latte in the summer and you cant really go wrong with Starbucks. I never buy ice latte's from the chilled section at supermarkets because I like to have a syrup in my latte and so I often find them a bit bland or not sweet enough. Despite this something urged me to pick up this skinny latte as a bit of an impulse. To make this all even more strange, I hate skimmed milk and would never order a skinny latte from an actual Starbucks store and so in all honesty, I tasted this drink with particularly low expectations.


This came in a 220ml bottle with a little straw and hole in the lid for convenience to drink on the go. On inspection of the bottle this drink contains lactose free milk and has no added sugar. This is therefore a great option for those who are lactose intolerant. It is also Fairtrade  and so ethically sound. I took a sip feeling pretty nervous and had to double check the packaging because this drink was soooooo sweet! Personally I absolutely loved it but still cant believe that it has no added sugar. I am not sure if the sweetness is from the lactose free milk or if there are just a load of added sweeteners but either way this is one tasty chilled latte. It still has that distinctive Starbucks coffee flavour but is particularly sweet and I am amazed that this is actually a lighter option. I would definitely recommend trying this if you like a sugary coffee drink and at only £1 its a lot cheaper that a fresh iced latte from  a Starbucks store. If you don't like your coffee sweet then you will probably hate this but I for one will be stocking up on these throughout summer and I am really glad that I gave this latte a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment