Saturday 27 May 2017

Marks & Spencer's Aromatic Spiced Lamb Pide Flatbread review

I look forward to seeing what the new spirit of summer products from M&S will be every year and one of the first things that caught my eye this year was this new spiced lamb flatbread. I am pretty sure that this is a Greek inspired product since Greece is infamous for both lamb and flatbreads. This flatbread comes with sautéed onions, red peppers, mozzarella, a spiced tomato sauce and ground lamb. I love lamb despite it being a slightly more controversial meat but I don't think that I have ever had it on a flatbread before, especially with spiced flavours.


This meal takes under 10 minutes in the oven and is ready to eat. The flatbread had a spicy smell and the proportion of all of the toppings looked pretty good. I took a bite and am happy to admit that this was delicious! The lamb was flavoursome and had almost a crumbled up kofta texture. It had also been well seasoned and had more spice to it than I was expecting without being too spicy. There was a relatively thick layer of creamy mozzarella which worked really well with the heat of both the lamb and the sauce. This sauce, although I couldn't actually see it was also delicious and had a lovely rich yet spicy flavour. The roasted onions and peppers were chunky and added a sweetness to the flatbread, making for the ideal combination of spicy, creamy and sweet flavours.  The flatbread itself was crispy and just the right thickness to make it slightly doughy around the slightly thicker edges.


This is a brilliant new addition to the M&S spirit of summer range and I already cant wait to enjoy it again. This flatbread seemed to have been made from good quality ingredients and tasted of a pretty high standard. I would highly recommended trying this flatbread as the combination of flavours used resulted in a delicious tasting meal and in my opinion, this is a great representation of Greek inspired dining.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete