Tuesday 30 May 2017

Eat Real Quinoa Chips - Sour Cream & Chives review

I have seen snacks from the eat real brand appearing in more and more places and so decided to see if their products would be any good. I started with these quinoa chips which are suitable for vegetarians, coeliac's and vegans. The packet states that these are a super grain snack and I chose the sour cream and chives flavour because I generally enjoy sour cream flavoured crisps.


I opened the bag and saw that the chips were quite large in size and were ridged in shape. They were rather thick and quite pale in colour. The packet shows that these chips should be square but due to the amount of deep ridges they were much more curly that the picture on the bag. I could also see flecks of chives on the chips and there was a subtle onion/chive like smell. I took a bite and found these to have a really tasty flavour. I could taste both sour cream and chive but the flavour was quite mild so these weren't overwhelmingly onion-y leaving an unpleasant after taste. There was also a noticeable garlic flavour and these were not massively salty. The texture was light yet crunchy and these almost melted on the tongue.


These were a really great snack especially considering hat they are one of the healthier options available. They had a great flavour and good crunchy texture. The fact that these can be enjoyed by people with dietary restrictions s just an added bonus as I would happily buy these again even though I don't suffer from any intolerances or have any vegan needs. These have only 165 calories per 30g bag and so are also an ideal choice for the calorie conscious. I am glad that I gave these a try and am looking forward to trying out some of the other products from the Eat Real range.

No comments:

Post a Comment