Wednesday 24 May 2017

Las Iguanas NEW Sea Bass a lo Macho review

Despite hearing great things about Las Iguanas for months now I have to admit that I haven't rushed out of my way to visit sine Mexican food isn't my favourite. This week however I decided to finally give it a try and see if it lived up to its reputation. One dish that caught my eye instantly was the sea bass a lo macho which is a new addition to the menu. This dish is described as a fillet of sea bass along with muscles, crayfish & prawns served with spring onion rice in a paprika, spinach and cream sauce. Sea bass is often served in Mexican restaurants however a lot of the time it is dried out. I hoped that the sauce would make up for this and seeing as the dish cost £14.95 I wanted a decent quality meal. 



Our meals arrived promptly and it was a good sized portion. There were plenty of muscles, large juicy prawns and a fair few crayfish served alongside the sea bass. I took my first bite of sea bass and am pleased to say that it was cooked perfectly! Soft and falling apart just as sea bass should be. The sauce was delicious. It had a lot of flavour and there was some heat from the paprika but I wouldn't say that it was particularly spicy, just very flavoursome and tasty. There was also a good mount of rice which was well cooked and I enjoyed the addition of the spring onion to the flavour. The spinach also sopped up the sauce giving it a lovely flavour. I thought that I was going to find Las Iguanas overpriced and overrated but I am more than happy to admit that I was wrong. The meal was delicious and I would definitely consider going there again if the rest of their dishes are as delicious as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment