Monday 22 May 2017

Costa UK Coffee Banoffee Creamy Frostino review

As a general rule I love any type of banoffee product and having a slight addiction to coffee my eyes lit up when I saw that Costa had released a new banoffee themed drink as a part of their summer range. This is one of the creamy frostino drinks made by blending a fresh banana with milk, espresso, ice and caramel sauce. This can also be served with whipped cream and fudge pieces but I opted for my drink without these so I could experience the true banoffee flavour.


The drink was blended up in a matter of minutes and the result was as you see in the picture. The iced drink was a pale brown colour with generous drizzles of caramel sauce throughout. I tried to take a sip and realised just how thick this drink was. After waiting a couple of minutes for the ice to melt slightly this became slightly easier to drink. The banana was definitely noticeable and combined with the thick and creamy texture was pretty tasty. The caramel sauce was lovely and added a welcome sweetness to the drink. The coffee was very mild but still present and actually worked quite well with the caramel and banana flavours. The thick texture of this coffee meant that I was left feeling pretty full after it. In all honesty this is a very good idea but I probably wont get it again as the resulting product didn't quite live up to its potential in my opinion. It was very thick and creamy and I did enjoy the combination of banana and caramel with the coffee. For me, this is more of  novelty drink that's nice to try as a once in a while treat rather than a new go-to coffee but I will give marks to Costa for such an inventive drink idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment