Friday 12 May 2017

Angel Delight Banana Ready To Eat review

Having only discovered Angel Delight in adulthood, I became a little obsessed with these ready to eat pots a few months ago. Sadly, these 70g pots of ready made angel delight seemed to become unavailable everywhere so I begrudgingly forgot about them. However, when browsing the dessert isle I saw this week that they have reappeared with the addition of banana flavour! Being a massive fan of banana flavoured products I knew that I had to try this flavour as soon as I could.


The angel delight has a smooth top layer but once I dug my spoon in it revealed the bubbly textured dessert underneath. This flavour was pale yellow in colour and had a smell very similar to a banana milkshake. Banana desserts often have a strong artificial flavour that a lot of people hate and if I'm honest then this angel delight does have that slightly overwhelmingly sweet flavour. The flavour of this angel delight was almost identical to that of a foam banana sweet. Seeing as I quite like foam banana's, I actually didn't mind the taste and quite enjoyed it but I can imagine a lot of people finding the artificial flavour a little too much.


The texture of the dessert was exactly what you would want from angel delight. It was light and bubbly so ideal for when you've had a big dinner but just feel in need of something a bit sweet. These make for a handy little dessert to have in the cupboard as the eat before dates are pretty generous and I also think that kids would love these. Although this is not my favourite flavour of the Angel delight range, I am still pleased that they are now back in stores. Even if you think that this banana flavour is not for you, it is worth trying some of the other flavours available which are chocolate, butterscotch and strawberry ( previously reviewed) as these are a tasty and guilt free sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment