Sunday 14 May 2017

Prezzo Goats Cheese Penne Al Forno review

I have heard great things about Prezzo but never actually visited the restaurant chain myself until this week. With a huge variety of Italian dishes I wanted to try it all but finally settled on the goats cheese penne al forno which is an oven baked pasta dish with mushrooms, peppers, spinach, pesto and pomodoro sauces as well as goats cheese. Goats cheese is my favourite type of cheese and I love any form of pesto and so I had high expectations of this dish.


Our meals arrived promptly and the portions were more than generous and its fair to say that we were more than stuffed when we had all finished. I could clearly see that there were plenty of large chunks of goats cheese and a thick topping of pesto. The pomodoro sauce was more underneath and was quite thin but had a lot of flavour and was actually a little spicy. There were perfectly cooked mushrooms, peppers and spinach throughout which were a lovely addition to the dish. The penne pasta was soft but not soggy and the perfect base for the rich and oily pesto flavour. The goats cheese was also deliciously creamy with that slight tang that all goats cheese has. Overall I was very impressed with my meal and would highly recommend it. Prezzo is not the cheapest of Italians around but if all of the dishes are as good as this one then I am happy to pay a little more for a high quality meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment