Friday 14 April 2017

TGI Friday's UK Blackened Chicken Jambalaya review

TGI Friday's have recently added some new items to their menu and one of these is their jambalaya which can be served with either my choice of blackened chicken as well as roasted veg or shrimp. I have ever had jambalaya before but it sounded pretty good from the menu description "Spicy rice, roasted veg, spring onions, sour cream and sliced chillies, served with cornbread and Cajun cream sauce". I have had cornbread when I have visited America and loved it so much that this is basically the main reason I chose this dish. To make this even better, this meal has under 700 calories which I was really impressed with considering it is a product of TGI Fridays!


The portion was particularly generous and did look a lot more appetising once he spring onions had been moved out of the way. There was a small but thick slice of cornbread which was just as good as I had remembered. Slightly sweet yet salty with a crumbly texture. There were plenty of roasted vegetables such as peppers, mushrooms, onions and aubergines all cooked perfectly. The chicken was tender and flavoursome and I was really pleased to see that TGI's hadn't been tight with the amount of meat. The rice was tasty with just the right amount of spice and the sour cream & Cajun sauce countered the heat very well. I thoroughly enjoyed this jambalaya and will definitely order it again. I think its great that TGI Fridays have finally produced some healthier alternatives and the fact they are still so tasty is very impressive indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment