Tuesday 18 April 2017

Muller Rice Chocolate & Coconut review

The latest limited edition Muller rice was the chocolate and hazelnut flavour which has probably been my absolute favourite and so I was pretty gutted to see it go. In its place is the new chocolate and coconut flavour. I have only recently decided that I quite like coconut flavours and so I was actually pretty excited to see what this new version would be like.


This is the newest "Going the Distance" flavour and so also offers the opportunity to win athletics tickets or prizes and so the blue coloured pot is quite eye catching. I lifted the lid and could already see some of the chocolate sauce creeping to the top. When I mixed it all together it turned a dark brown colour which made it look very rich and chocolatey. The dominant scent was chocolate but I could detect the subtle smell of coconut so I dug in to saw if this would follow through in the taste.


Chocolate was indeed the stronger of the two flavours and the coconut was more of a subtle after taste. I could definitely taste the coconut so don't get me wrong it certainly added to the flavour but in all honesty I was left a little disappointed. Perhaps my expectations were a little to high after the amazing chocolate & hazelnut variety but I found this a little boring. It wasn't as sweet as I would have liked and although it did have the creamy texture and taste that Muller rice's usually have, I wasn't blown away. For a low fat dessert this is still pretty good as it was tasty and filling. I think I would have preferred it if it was a little sweeter or the coconut was a little stronger. This is still worth trying if you enjoy Muller rice or the combination of coconut and chocolate, I just wont personally be rushing out to buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment