Sunday 9 April 2017

Quorn Mince & Sweet Potato Casserole review

Despite not being vegetarian, I really enjoy Quorn mice. I like the slightly chewy texture and mild meaty flavour. This casserole with sweet potato and mince caught my eye, probably because sweet potato is one of my favourite foods. This is a frozen ready meal is 2 of your five a day, low in fat and high in fibre so pretty good for the health conscious. This casserole can be easily cooked in the microwave and also contains broccoli and mixed beans.


I popped it in the microwave and saw that there were plenty of broccoli florets, chunks of sweet potato surrounded by the vegetarian mince. There weren't a lot of mixed beans but they weren't the main reason that I bought the meal so I was happy to let that slide. I tasted the ready meal and if I'm honest, it was "fine". I finished it off and felt pretty full afterwards, but I did find it quite bland. The dominant flavour was the mince and I cant say that the sweet potato was particularly noticeable. The texture was enjoyable and the broccoli maintained a decent bite but I feel that this meal would have benefitted from a more flavoursome gravy.


Considering the health benefits of this meal and the fact that it did keep me full, I can understand the appeal of this casserole. For vegetarians especially this may be a decent option but I don't think that I will buy this again due to the lack of flavour. There was a generous amount of broccoli and sweet potato although the meal itself was pretty small in size. This is far from the best Quorn product I have tried but it is still a fairly decent meal, just not one I would choose to but again.

No comments:

Post a Comment