Thursday 20 April 2017

Haagen-Dazs Salted Caramel Ice Cream review

Being a lover of both Haagen Dazs ice cream and caramel, I was more than excited to see that  new caramel mini cups range had been released. This salted caramel mini cup is one of the flavours in the box of 4 different caramel based flavours and having never tried it before I was eager to get stuck in. Described as caramel ice cream with a salted caramel swirl and salted caramel brittle this sounded pretty good and knowing how rich and luxurious Haagen Dazs ice cream is my expectations were quite high.


I waited for a minute and peeled back the lid to reveal a pale brown coloured ice cream small pieces of salted caramel brittle throughout. I took my first spoonful and have to admit that I wasn't disappointed. The ice cream itself was delicious and creamy, just like the rest of the Haagen Dazs flavours that I've tried have been. The salted caramel sauce was exactly that... "salted". It had that sharpness that a lot of products lack when producing any salted caramel treat. The brittle added a lot in terms of texture and I appreciated having that little bit of crunch when working through the smooth and sweet ice cream. It also added a little extra saltiness and emphasized the caramel sauce swirl.


This is another excellent ice cream from Haagen Dazs. If you like ice cream and salted caramel then you should definitely give this a try. It was the perfect combination of sweet and salty that I am looking forward to tasting again. The fact that this comes in a variety box which are already portioned with a spoon just adds to the convenience and is a big help when trying not to eat a whole tub in one sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment