Friday 28 April 2017

Kellogg's Ancient Legends Porridge Pot review

Porridge pots are still my go-to when it comes to filling and convenient breakfasts on the go. When browsing the cereal isle I noticed this ancient legends porridge from Kellogg's which I haven't seen before. The fancy design caught my eye but I was intrigued as to why it was labelled as "ancient legends" porridge. On further inspection I saw that it was based around the idea that grain was so valuable in ancient civilisations and so the finest grains were given to their heroic legends. All very interesting but at the end of the day this is still just porridge so I was more interested in how it was going to taste.


This porridge contains ancient grains and seeds such as barley, chai, spelt and oats. I was curious to see if the addidtion of the extra grains would make this porridge taste any different to your substandard porridge, especially as it also says that it has a coconut flavour. I simply added boiling water, stirred the mixture then waited a few minutes.


This is how the porridge looked when ready. It was nice and thick and I could clearly see plenty of small dark specks from the chai seeds as well as a mixture of grains. I took a bite and it did taste slightly more seed-y than a typical pot of porridge. I can't say that I particularly noticed any coconut but it was a very enjoyable porridge. There was more of a depth of flavour because of the combination of grains and slightly more bite to the texture. This wasn't anything spectacular but it was a tasty and filling pot of porridge that I would happily eat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment