Friday 27 January 2017

Muller Light Cake Shop Inspired Cherry Bakewell review

There are a few new flavours of Muller lights appearing in stores at the moment and although these generally would not be my yogurt of choice, the interesting flavours were too tempting to resist trying. These came as a part of a multipack with a Treacle tart flavour. My main concern is that these would just taste like a typical cherry yogurt and that the bakewell aspect would be missed but I felt optimistic when I tried my first yogurt.


The yogurt had the usual thin ad runny consistency that all Muller lights have but this was expected. There were clearly plenty of chunky cherry pieces throughout to make up for this though and the chewiness of the cherries really added to the texture. The yogurt was pink in colour and smelt surprisingly like a cherry bakewell. If you are expecting the pastry element of a bakewell to be represented in the yogurt then you may be disappointed but for only 89 calories I don't think I can really complain. Luckily, the almond flavour was really prominent in the flavour, meaning that the overall taste was surprisingly like a cherry bakewell and I was actually pretty impressed.


This is probably one of the best tasting Muller lights that I have tasted in a long time. I really like that the flavour was true to the description and it genuinely tasted like a cherry bakewell. The cherry element was quite strong and I was pleased with the amount of juicy cherry pieces throughout. If you are a fan of cherry bakewell's then these are well worth a try whilst they are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment