Tuesday 24 January 2017

Tesco Falafel & Houmous Wrap review

As I have probably mentioned before, I hate salad and so am always happy to find a wrap or sandwich that isn't full of the typical lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad. I do however love houmous and so when I saw tis wrap available in Tesco I couldn't wait to try it. This is a tomato tortilla with carrot and coriander falafel, houmous, mango chutney, carrot and spinach. This can be bought with a drink and a snack for only £3 as a part of the meal deal so is also pretty handy for those on a budget.


The wrap was well filled right the way through with a fair amount of each component. The wrap itself was slightly orange in colour from the tomato which made me slightly nervous since I am not a massive lover of tomato products. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it didn't taste strongly of tomato but there seemed to be a little more flavour than a typical tortilla wrap and it also had a lovely slightly doughy texture. There was a generous amount of tasty falafel and i really enjoyed the contrasting sweetness of the mango chutney against the slight spice of the falafel. The spinach was fresh and crisp and the shredded carrot also added to the texture. The houmous was delicious but i do wish that there had been slightly more, however this is my only complaint!


I would highly recommend this wrap as it made for a delicious and filling lunch on the go. The ingredients of the wrap are slightly unusual and so I know this would not be something a lot of people would typically choose. If however you are like me and love houmous then this is well worth the money as every element of the wrap was delicious and complimented each other well. This ended up having a slightly spicy yet sweet overall flavour and I will certainly be buying this again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment