Monday 12 December 2016

Cosy Club Farmhouse Risotto review

As you may have gathered, risotto is a meal that I love to order when I go out for dinner. Homemade risotto never quite lives up to my expectations and so I see it as a bit of a treat. I have heard good things about The Cosy Club chain but never visited it there before and so I decided for my first visit to try the Farmhouse risotto. This is a pearl barley risotto with roasted butternut squash, spinach and a poached egg. Chicken, ham or cod can all be added at an additional cost however I decided to keep it simple.


It came and I was pretty pleased with the portion. Not huge but I knew that I wouldn't be left hungry. The texture of the pearl barley meant that the risotto was less chewy and creamy than risotto rice but it made for an interesting change of texture. The poached egg and spinach were both cooked perfectly and there was plenty of roasted butternut squash throughout. Overall this all sounds great and the meal was tasty but I wish that I had added one of the meats or cod as the flavour ended up being really mild and leaving the dish tasting a little bit bland. The quality of the food was brilliant and I loved the interesting décor. I happily finished my meal but I cant say that I am likely to order it again. If anyone is thinking of ordering this risotto then don't let this put you off because it really was a decent meal but personally I think the addition of dome ham or cod would have improved my experience quite a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment