Thursday 8 December 2016

Ambrosia Deluxe Custard Salted Caramel review

Custard would never be first choice of dessert as I find it slightly boring due to the mild vanilla flavour. Despite this, I decided that I had to try this deluxe custard which is a relatively new product from Ambrosia and also came in a larger sized pot. I chose to try the salted caramel version because I thought that this might be noticeably different from the original version.


I lifted the lid and it did look pretty think and creamy. I was worried that the salted caramel would be so mild that I would find this custard really bland, especially as salted caramel products are often lacking in the salt flavour. I took a bite and in all honesty I have never enjoyed any custard so much in my life. It was utterly delicious! The salted caramel flavour was spot on with a slight bitterness to the traditional creamy vanilla custard. The caramel flavour made this sweeter than an ordinary custard and the texture certainly seemed a lot thicker than the usual variety.


I was really impressed with this deluxe salted caramel custard from Ambrosia and am desperate to get my hands on it again which is something that I never thought that  I would say about a pot of custard. This did taste a lot more luxurious than Ambrosia's normal custard pots as well as being larger in size. I will be recommending these to anyone I know who enjoys custard and even those who don't because if I can be converted then anyone can! I am now officially a custard lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment