Monday 3 October 2016

Sainsbury's Be Good To Yourself Bread & Butter Puddings review

Bread and butter pudding would rarely be my dessert of choice purely because I don't find it sweet enough and find that it can just be a little heavy in texture and bland. However, as these come as a pack of two and I was offered one, it seemed rude to say no. These contain less than 3% fat and so I thought at least if I didn't enjoy them very much, it was still a relatively healthy choice


These can be cooked either in the oven or the microwave. I oven cooked mine as I thought that this would produce a crispier top. I popped it in the oven in the little plastic pot for roughly 20 minutes and when it was ready I tried tucking in, however it was too hot so if you do buy these then my advice would be to let them cool down. There was a strong smell and taste of cinnamon and I think nutmeg and the top had gone crispy like I had hoped.


I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed these desserts. In fact I preferred them to some more luxury bread and butter puddings that I have tried due to the strong flavour of the spices. Under the crispy top the pudding was soft and moist with a slightly wet texture but this isn't a bad thing as it actually made them feel more like a pudding and prevented any dryness .There were also plenty of juicy sultanas throughout the dessert which added a sweetness and extra level of texture. These are not the best dessert that I have ever had but I have to admit that I would buy them again especially in the colder wintr months. For only 152 calories these are pretty impressive so are well worth picking up, especially if bread and butter pudding is your dessert of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment