Wednesday 5 October 2016

GU Cracking Hot Chocolate Souffle review

I have now worked my way through the majority of the GU range and been impressed with pretty much every product. Despite this, I have to admit that I have put off trying these soufflés purely down to laziness as these require heating up in the oven for just over 10 minutes. With the colder weather creeping in I decided to get a grip and try these hot chocolate soufflés.


After the hard work of heating them in the oven I sat down with my soufflé which had risen well. The rich chocolatey smell filled the room and the taste matched the scent. It was a full on chocolate flavour but the light texture meant that it didn't feel too heavy or rich. The top layer broke revealing the gooey underneath which was soft and chewy.


These GU desserts made a nice change from your typical dessert and they had a lovely high quality feel to them. They were warming and had a sweet chocolate flavour so I would imagine any chocolate lover would enjoy them. I cant say that these are my favourite product from the GU range because I think that I prefer something a little heavier and indulgent in texture, however they were far from unpleasant and if I were handed one of the soufflés in the future, I certainly wouldn't turn it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment