Monday 31 October 2016

Marks and Spencers Salted Caramel & Custard Slices review

A salted caramel custard slice.... it sounds too good to be true! I have been eyeing these slices up for ages and finally decided to treat myself to them. Custard slices were a childhood favourite of mine and being a salted caramel addict I was sure that I was going to love these! They came in a pack of 2 and were topped with a demerara sugar.


I took the first slice out of the packet eager to tuck in. As soon as I took my first bite however, I realised that my much anticipated dessert was actually not that great. In fact they were actually pretty bad! Both the custard and salted caramel fillings were an odd texture, slightly too mousse like and the pastry layers were so wet they just seemed to collapse into the custard leaving me with a sort of mush.


The flavours of the dessert were also pretty bland. Although I enjoyed the top layer with the demerara sugar which was the only part of this pastry that maintained any crisp, I couldn't really detect the flavour of salted caramel but rather a slightly odd tasting vanilla. Maybe my expectations for these slices was just way to high but especially for someone like me who loves practically every M&S product, I was left incredibly disappointed. I found these bland and soggy and will definitely be avoiding these in future in hopes of finding a more enjoyable dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment