Saturday 22 October 2016

Burts Lentil Waves Lightly Salted review

Lentil based snacks are becoming increasingly popular and I for one am a fan of the light and crispy texture of these type of snacks. Burts lentil waves are snacks that contain less than 99 calories per bag and seeing as I love the taste of salt, I decided the lightly salted flavour would be a good flavour to start with. These are also suitable for those who require a gluten free diet and vegans so good news to those people who have a restricted diet.


This 20g packet states that these are "Big on flavour" and so I was curious to see how flavoursome the "lightly" salted flavour would be. When I opened the bag there wasn't much of a sent and so this was all going to be down to the taste. The texture was light, crispy and really enjoyable. The flavour however was lacking somewhat and these were much less salty than the majority of salted flavoured crisps. Initially I thought that these were really bland, however once I had gotten through the first few and adjusted to the lack of salt that I was expecting I started to enjoy them a bit more.


By the time I was half way through the packet I found that I was actually enjoying these lentil waves. I cant honestly say that I loved them or that these will be my new favourite snack but I probably would actually eat these again. I think that these would taste a lot better with some sort of dip so I would recommend having something on the side with them for a bit for of a kick to the flavour. Overall these are a decent snack with a very mild salty flavour. They do taste slightly healthier than a traditional bag of crisps but they have a great curly shape and a really good crispiness to them. The only thing I would state is that if you are looking to taste a decent sprinkling of salt with your crisps, then these probably wont be for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment