Sunday 4 September 2016

Starbucks UK Pumpkin Spice Loaf review

Its that time of year again where the weather is starting to turn cold and the pumpkin spice flavours are back in Starbucks! Being a massive lover of spices and pumpkin flavoured treats, I rushed down to my nearest Starbucks and decided to start with the pumpkin spice loaf which is a spiced cake topped with pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin flavoured products are more popular in America but they are slowly making there way over to the UK and so I was interested to see how this loaf cake would taste.


The smell of the spices was warming and this carried through to the flavour. This loaf tasted delicious with a strong spicy cinnamon type flavour that stops the sweet flavour of the pumpkin from being too sickly. The pumpkin flavour is certainly there but not so strong that it would put people off being as pumpkin is a bit of a controversial flavour in this country. The pumpkin seeds on top added a nice crunch and seemed to have a sort of sweet glaze that I really enjoyed. The sponge itself was slightly dry but I think I just got unlucky and has a bit of a dodgy slice. I thoroughly enjoyed this loaf cake and am now already starting to feel a bit festive. I will definitely be making the most of these cakes while they are around!

No comments:

Post a Comment