Tuesday 6 September 2016

Greggs Rhubarb and Custard Doughnut review

I love trying anything that sounds a bit quirky and so when I saw that Greggs had released a rhubarb and custard doughnut I was desperate to try it. I have attempted to get my hands on this for a while but Greggs have always been sold out when I have wanted one so when I saw the final doughnut left on the shelf I couldn't wait to get it home. Rhubarb is a flavour that I am very on the fence about. I love a rhubarb and custard sweet but I sometimes find it a bit tart and rhubarb products can sometimes be a little overwhelming so I wasn't sure how much I was actually going to enjoy it.


The doughnut didn't look amazing because the icing was slightly runny and didn't cover the whole doughnut but knowing not to judge a book by its cover, I didn't let this put me off. I took my first bite and oh my gosh was I impressed. I personally love Greggs doughnuts and have to admit that I find them equally as good if not better than Krispy Kremes which are twice the price! The doughnut was just the right amount of squidgy and had a lovely doughy feel. The doughnut itself was slightly sweet but not so much so that the icing made it sickly which was a massive risk with these flavours. The icing tasted just like the sweets that I love so much. It was very sweet but I could detect both the custard and rhubarb flavours and for someone with a sweet tooth like mine, I highly suggest that you try these whilst they are still around because it is a sweet, sticky and doughy treat that I am very glad I got to taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment