Saturday 17 September 2016

Marks & Spencer's Count On Us Beef Ragu review

Being a massive fan of the M&S count on us range I don't know why it has taken me so long to get round to trying this beef ragu, especially since I eat pasta practically every day! This meal contains roasted garlic, beef ragu and rosemary mushrooms with Italian style pasta which all sounds pretty good seeing as it is only 378 calories.


I cooked my meal in the oven but it can be microwaved if you really cant wait. I was surprised at just how generous the portion was and it even smelled lovely. I bit into the meal and the pasta was pretty impressive for a ready meal. It tasted of a high quality and even maintained a slight firmness that ready meal pasta's often lack resulting in a soggy texture. There were large rosemary mushrooms throughout and I could even detect a slight taste of garlic. The beef ragu was perfectly in proportion to the pasta and was really tasty with a true beef flavour that was well seasoned. There was even a decent amount of cheese on top that was very subtle in flavour but melted into the ragu well.


This meal was really filling so for anyone worried that healthy meals means tiny portions then do not be afraid to try this beef ragu! I really enjoyed it and was impressed with the quality of the meal. I would definitely recommend this for any pasta lovers out there especially if you are trying to eat well as this tastes far from "healthy" and could have fooled me for being a typical tasty beef ragu meal. M&S count on us range continues to get the thumbs up from me!  

3 comments:

  1. I love this one! I would also recommend the pork, leek and mustard bake, as well as the new mushroom and ham tagliatelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I will have to give them a try! I love the moussaka but havn't been dissapointed so far in any of the range!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't either! They all seem to be good :o)

    ReplyDelete