Friday 23 September 2016

Greggs Toffee Apple Ring Doughnut review

I am loving seeing all of the autumn flavoured product appearing on shelves recently and the latest one that caught my eye was this toffee apple doughnut from Greggs. Although I'm not too keen on actual toffee apples, I do like the combination of flavours in cakes or other sweet treats. This is Greggs traditional ring doughnut with a toffee apple flavour icing, decorated with white icing and topped with small fudge pieces. When I walked into the store and saw that there was only one left I took it as a sign that this was meant for me!


When I got it home I noticed that there weren't a lot of fudge pieces on top but there enough to have a couple of mouthfuls with the small fudge-y chunks so I can't really complain. I took a bite and noticed how subtle the apple flavour was. The overall doughnut was delicious, it was sweet and perfectly chewy. The toffee apple icing became more noticeable the further into the doughnut I got but it was still quite mild. The fudge pieces added to the overall texture and they provided a richness to the flavour. Although the toffee apple flavour wasn't as strong as it could have been I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I am determined to get hold of a few more of these doughnuts while they are around and my faith in Greggs products is still going strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment