Monday 12 September 2016

ASDA Carrot Cake Puds review

Carrot Cake is my absolute favourite but it's so rich and indulgent that its not something that I have day to day. I saw these carrot cake ouds at Asda and knew that I had to try them. With cream cheese flavoured mousse, carrot cake sponge and spicy compote this desert sounded like it had it all! I was mostly curious to taste a cream cheese flavoured mousse as I have never even heard of this.


I could clearly see all three components of the pud and started with the cream cheese mousse. I was surprised at how much this did actually resemble cream cheese as I was slightly worried that it would just taste like a generic cream mousse. It wasn't as indulgent as actual cream cheese but still pretty impressive and really tasty. The carrot cake sponge itself was decent. Far from the most luxurious or moist sponge that I have ever tasted but the flavour was nicely spiced and it was very light in texture. I was also very impressed with the spicy compote. This was the most flavoursome part of the dessert and so when combined with the more subtle flavour of the mousse it really shone.


All in all I enjoyed this pudding. Is it as good as an actual slice of carrot cake, probably not in my opinion and I cant honestly say that I will be rushing out to buy these again. Despite this, they were a pretty tasty little treat and quite authentic to the flavours of a carrot cake. If like me you are a lover of carrot cake then these are probably worth a try because there is nothing not to like. The ide behind these puddings is great, I just feel that a better quality sponge and maybe a little more of the compote would improve these and make them pretty delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment