Wednesday 31 August 2016

Walkers Pops Melted Cheese and Crispy Bacon review

There are an increasing number of the varieties of "popped" crisps available on the market. These Pops from Walkers contain 50% less fat than traditional crisps and being from a brand as popular as Walkers I had high hopes. I have previously reviewed these in the sour cream and onion variety which I really enjoyed and so I was eager to try the slightly more unusual sounding flavour of melted cheese and crispy bacon.


I am always hesitant to buy bacon flavoured crisps as they can often taste too "Smokey" with quite an artificial flavour. I opened the bag and the crispy bacon smell hit me like a brick in the face so I was instantly sure that I wasn't going to like these. I tasted the first bite and am happy to admit that I was wrong and the bacon flavour, although very strong and smokey wasn't too overwhelming. The melted cheese wasn't too obvious but was slightly noticeable in the aftertaste. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the flavour of these crisps which had a meaty bacon flavour with a subtle cheesy background flavour. These Pops had the usual light yet crunchy flavour that all popped crisps have but I think that this worked particularly well with this flavour.


I was surprised at how much I enjoyed these crisps especially after my hesitation towards them once the strong bacon smell hit me. I was impressed with the amount of crisps in the bag which all had a slight orange dusting. Walkers have maintained their high standards in my opinion with these Pops and I would definitely buy them again as a healthier alternative to a sizzling meaty crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment