Tuesday 30 August 2016

ASDA Pistachio Eclairs review

Éclairs are something that I rarely buy but after enjoying Asda's caramel éclairs, these pistachio variety caught my eye. My love of pistachio got the better of me and I decided that I needed to try these when I read the description which stated that these were choux pastry topped with pistachio fondant, filled with pistachio mousse and topped with roasted pistachios. These are a new product and are a part of the Bakers selection so I expected them to be more of a luxury product.


The pistachio fondant was very runny and barely stayed on the pastry which was very soft and not like traditional crisp choux pastry. The fondant was very sweet but I cant say that it tasted particularly nutty. There was a generous amount of pistachio mousse which was also very mild in flavour but it was thick and light. There were a few roasted pistachios on top that added a nice crisp to the texture but overall there wasn't a lot of flavour to these eclairs. They were soft and chewy and if I'm honest I was pretty disappointed. These didn't taste unpleasant and they tasted okay, I was just expecting a lot more and if you are looking for an éclair with a pistachio flavour then I would avoid these.

No comments:

Post a Comment